Senior Embedded System Engineer (H/F)
About Orok :
We believe that airports will be fully automatized in upcoming years, so that planes can land and takeoff with no human assistance on ground. We are developping a server-based solution, using artificial intelligence, to drive a fleet of robots.
Founded in 2018, OROK is a french startup accelerated by the prestigious Ecole Polytechnique. OROK co-founders are both laureates from Réseau Entreprendre and our project won the first prize of ADP Cargo challenge in startup category (2020).
Job Description :
Your daily missions will be :
- Retrieve user and business needs, participate in their formalisation
- Write functional analysis and functional specifications
- Define the system architecture / Products scope of work (HW & SW)
- Write SW inter-product messaging/network specifications
- Participate to the robot HW architecture definition
- Contact vendors for quotes
- Supervise prototypes production/realisation
- Define the system test architecture, with related documentation & oversee their realisation
- Take part in the test procedure of the full system
- Be proactive in the continuous improvement of the team
- And more widely, on the company organisation
- Support customers in their use of our solution
We have a big challenge for you: to build the next robot in less than one year !
The good things about this job :
- Be part of the R&D team building and contribute to our product as one of our first employees
- Work in an environment with cutting-edge technologies
- Have the opportunity to grow along with our company
- Be part of a great journey to revolutionize air travel industry and conquer the world
- Located close to the mountains, many activities are possible 😉 (skiing, canyon, climbing…)
Localisation : Bourgoin Jallieu, FRANCE
Starts : September 2020
Duration : CDI – Permanent contract
We are close to the SNCF railway station which provides regular transport from Lyon in 25min. We are also close to the A43 highway. Accomodation is cheap in Bourgoin Jallieu, you won’t spend your salary in it.
Preferred Experience :
Diploma / Experience :
- Engineer diploma in industrial computing, robotics or embedded software engineering areas
- 5 years of experience on relevant projects
- Autonomous with task automation with scripting languages (ex: Python)
- Basics in configuration management tools : Git
- Proven experience in requirement writing and/or system architecture
- You know agile methodologies and Lean Startup principles
Considered as a plus :
- Knowledge of product maintenance/service (ex : remote update, configuration deployment…)
- MQTT or equivalent communication system
- Protobuf or equivalent serialization technology
- Web server / Web GUI experience
- Experience with provider relationships
- Proactive and driving force, you can’t bear to stay inactive.
- You want to work in a deep-tech start-up environment A good English level is required, you will need to be comfortable in working in an international environment.
Recruitment Process :
- 30 min by video conference to present to each other
- online technical test
- 2h of technical interview
Additional Information :
- Contract Type: Full-Time
- Start Date: 06 September 2020
- Location: Bourgoin-Jallieu, France (38300)
- Education Level: Master’s Degree
- Experience: > 5 years
- Occasional remote authorized
If you are interested, send to us a cover letter and your CV directly through our platform.