Ingénieur d’application produit (H/F)
SPS Product Application Engineer / Ingenieur Application
You will work in a mid-size team and organization where your contribution will be visible and will make a difference in our business.
We are looking for a talented individual who demonstrates willingness to contribute in the history of technology primarily by accelerating the technical adoption of our innovations in the market, and also by playing an active role in the team defining our roadmap.
The role supports global customers and markets addressed by Teledyne e2v.
It reports to the marketing director in the Data and Signal Processing Solutions business unit in Grenoble – France.
The product range covered by this role is listed below, it focuses on digital products as well as the digital interface of data converter products.
Data converters (digital interface) :
Responsibilities and key activities :
- Define development tools of future products to accelerate our customers design time and reduce our customers design risks. These include demo kits and reference designs.
- Treatment of customer technical questions concluding to full customer satisfaction.
- Competitive benchmarking to support the business unit and sales staff when confronted with competitive alternatives.
- Contribute actively to the evolution and maturity roadmap of the ESIstream serial link protocol –www.ESIstream.com through documentation, FPGA example designs and global promotion with the aim of easing its acceptance.
- Contribute product documentation and application notes.
- When new R&D programs start in the business unit, contribute actively to the technical definition of new products.
- Contribute to analyze and document the systems architecture of target market segments.
- Training of Field Application Engineers on digital products of the business unit.
- To develop and gain a strong thought leader status in some of our target markets such as Aerospace and Defence and new target markets by presenting at key industry events and publishing through recognized industry communication channels and other communication actions leading to that goal.
- Contribute predictive analysis of future system architecture evolutions of target market segments.
Key Skills :
- Strong experience in VHDL and/or Verilog will be valued.
- Broad knowledge of serial digital interfaces, hardware and protocols.
- Experience of implementation of signal processing algorithms in FPGAs.
- Additionally, experience in synchronizing multiple high speed signal chains will be valued.
- The role supports global business operations with a strong market share in the USA, consequently a high level of fluency in English language and international experience of at least 1 year is a strong plus. The dominant working language is English.
- Strong writing skills in English language, international scientific or press article publications will be highly valued.
- Experience in high speed signal chain board level hardware implementation.
Other skills and Qualifications :
Networking, Public Speaking, Research, Writing, Identification of Customer Needs and Challenges, Market Knowledge, Cross-cultural skills with a focus on Europe/USA, Professionalism.
Awareness of safety critical embedded systems and associated certification criterias (either for aircraft flight systems or railways systems or other).
Electronic board development and electronic system thermal management.